If you are a student, recent graduate or alumni interested looking for a job or internship you are in the right place! Register today to start your job search and be contacted by companies nationwide looking for you!. It only takes a few minutes and you will be on your way to the perfect job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT
Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
What does a Customer Service Agent do for Southwest Airlines?
Customer Service Agents at Southwest Airlines provide legendary Customer Service to our Customers desiring to travel and use our baggage/cargo service at our airport locations. They also maintain positive relationships with all Internal and External Customers to ensure the success of Southwest Airlines.
What are some of the daily duties of a Customer Service Agent at Southwest Airlines?
(Your duties may vary depending on the size of your work location.)
- Handles all aspects of ticketing and checking in of Customers by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service and reservations;
- Handles all cash and credit card transactions in the purchase/refunds of tickets;
- Resolve Customer situations by providing Positively Outrageous Service;
- Be able to handle transitions in a timely manner including over sales, delayed or cancelled flights, and any issued revolving around lost/damaged luggage;
- Completes paperwork and forms connected with work assignments pertaining to procedures and enter into Companyís information system as required.
What are the Physical Requirements of a Customer Service Agent?
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40-50 pounds on a raised surfaces;
- Must maintain well groomed appearance and meet uniform appearance standards. (Agentís weight must be proportionate to height presenting a neat appearance in uniform. Womanís uniforms range from size 0 - 26, menís range from waist size 27-42 inches.)
What are the minimum requirements to be a Customer Service Agent at Southwest Airlines?
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
To work at the airport, you must be able to obtain a Secured Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge. You will be required to meet all local airport requirements. For the security access, job seekers must have no conviction, guilty plea, or judgment not guilty by reason of insanity in the last 10 years for any of the following disqualifying criminal offenses, as determined by the federal Transportation Security Administration:
1 Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft, and other aircraft registration violations
2 Interference with air navigation
3 Improper transportation of a hazardous material
4 Aircraft piracy
5 Interference with flightcrew members or flight attendants
6 Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight
7 Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard an aircraft
8 Conveying false information and threats
9 Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States
10 Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances
11 Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign air carriers contrary to established security requirements
12 Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility
14 Assault with intent to murder
17 Kidnapping or hostage taking
19 Rape or aggravated sexual abuse
20 Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon
22 Armed robbery or felony unarmed robbery
23 Distribution of, or intent to distribute, a controlled substance
24 Felony arson
25 A felony involving a threat
26 A felony involving: Willful destruction of property; importation or manufacture of a controlled substance; burglary; theft; dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation; possession or distribution of stolen property; aggravated assault; bribery; or illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year
27 Violence at international airports
28 Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the aforementioned criminal acts listed in this paragraph
What else do I need to know about being a Customer Service Agent for Southwest Airlines?
- You will need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime;
- Ability read and write English;
- Typing and keyboarding skills;
- Attend and successfully complete a training program in Dallas, Texas with a 80% grade point average;
- This is a union position covered by the International Association of Machinists (IAM).
Additional Requirments / Information
|Job Capacity:||Employee (full-time)|
|Minimum Education Level:||See Job Description|
|Related Industries:||Customer Service|
Phoenix • Tucson • Palm Springs • Sacramento • San Diego • San Francisco • San Jose • Denver • Jacksonville • Miami • Orlando • Tampa • Atlanta • Chicago • Indianapolis • Kansas City • Louisville • New Orleans • Boston • Baltimore • Detroit • Grand Rapids • Minneapolis • Charlotte • Raleigh • Omaha • Atlantic City • Las Vegas • Reno • Buffalo • New York City • Cincinnati • Cleveland • Toledo • Tulsa • Portland • Philadelphia • Pittsburgh • Myrtle Beach • Memphis • Nashville • Austin • Dallas • Houston • San Antonio • Salt Lake City • Richmond • Seattle • Spokane